McLaren F1 GTR - 1995 24h Le Mans Winner - Collector's Edition Print
Product Code: ATM-POS-MCL-GTR-ULERegular price $109.00 USD ex GST
$119.90 USD inc GST
Product Description: McLaren F1 GTR - 1995 24h Le Mans Winner - Collector's Edition Print
- Uniquely designed and created by Automobilist's team of artists
- Exclusively limited to only 500 pieces
- Unique & Limited Edition featuring a gold pressed layer
- Uses the latest 3D modelling technology to rebuild the helmet from scratch
- Comes as a standard sized poster, 50 x 70 cm (19¾ x 27½ inch), framing not included
- Reproduced as a high quality offset print on 175g/m2 paper
- Ships rolled and delivered in a protective tube
- Official licensed product | McLaren | 24h Le Mans
Before the McLaren GTR shook the 1995 Le Mans, no other team had ever captured four of the top five places on a debut appearance.
In January of 1995, just six short months before the 63rd Annual 24h Le Mans, Gordon Murray reluctantly agreed to turn the wildly popular McLaren F1 into a proper racing car. Tasked to make this transition from “the ultimate road car” to racing car was the head of GTR Race Development Team James Robinson. Once it was all said and done, 5 teams racing 7 GTR’s were ready to be entered into Le Mans.
Of the original 7 GTRs entered at the 1995 Le Mans, two DNF, while the other five placed 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 13th. This was the most successful debut in history of Le Mans.
Limited to only 500 pieces, the Unique & Limited Design poster “Winner” features the McLaren F1 GTR in a parc-fermé position with left side dihedral door open. Each poster is embossed with gold foil highlighting the GTR, F1 McLaren, and 1995 Le Mans type.