McLaren Papaya - Bruce McLaren special - Spa-Francorchamps Circuit - 1968 - Collector’s Edition
Product Code: PROD01000831Regular price $107.00 USD ex GST
$117.70 USD inc GST
Product Description: Ferrari F1-2000 - Michael Schumacher’s Pit Stop - Collector’s Edition Print
- Designed and created by Automobilist's team of artists
- Exclusively limited to only 500 pieces
- Features unique black embossing
- Comes as a standard sized poster, 50 x 70 cm (19¾ x 27½ inch), framing not included
- Reproduced as a high quality offset print on 175g/m2 paper
- Ships rolled and delivered in a protective tube
- Officially licensed product | McLaren
On 2 June 1970, a young Bruce McLaren’s growing career was cut short due to an unfortunate incident during testing. The poster features his car from his lone F1® win - in Belgium, at the Spa-Francorchamps Circuit on 9 June 1968. According to the convention of the time, his cars should have been a mix of the New Zealand national colours of green, black and silver, but the papaya was adopted in 1968, when Bruce had begun to see how Americans publicised and marketed their racing activities with bright paint schemes. On the occasion of the 50th Anniversary of his passing, McLaren and Automobilist pay tribute to the charm and charisma of the man who’s name continues to inspire fans worldwide and the team at the Woking facility of McLaren.
For all of our posters we use high quality off-set printing, premium paper, and vibrant color reproduction that stands the test of time – just like the cars themselves. Each one is limited and labeled with a special hologram sticker to denote its authenticity.